Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Adventure has begun!

I have completed the first (and longest) flight of my journey, arriving at the Dubai International Airport just a short time ago. I'm now sitting and relaxing in some lounge chairs writing home and waiting for one of the Battery Charging Stations to free up--what a great idea! Aside from a lot of signs and announcements in Arabic and the Muslim call to prayer I just heard, I could be at almost any airport. I've passed Starbucks and Burger King and plenty of Duty Free. I'd highly recommend flying Emirates if you ever get the chance, they feed you well and each seat has an 'entertainment console' complete with an outlet and a USB port. I watched Avatar for the second time and caught some other movies I hadn’t seen yet.

I'm so excited to board the next leg of my trip and finally make it to Uganda. Just 11 short hours to kill before take off!
--
Posted by: Kate Gargiulo, Dubai International Airport, Dubai, United Arab Emirates